This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Daily Bible Verse - 8/13/2007 - Psalm 51:10

NIV Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
KJV Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
NASB Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10
Commentary
Along with Ps. 32, it (Psalm 51) was written by David after his affair with Bathsheba and his murder of Uriah, her husband (2 Sam. 11-12). It is one of 7 poems called penitential psalms (6, 32, 38, 51, 102, 130, 143). To David's credit, he recognized fully how horrendous his sin was against God, blamed no one but himself, and begged for divine forgiveness.

MacArthur, J. J. (1997, c1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed.) (Ps 51:1). Nashville: Word Pub.

"Create in me a clean heart"
The verb translated create is the same one used in Gen. 1:1 and refers to what only God can do.
Radmacher, E. D., Allen, R. B., & House, H. W. (1999). Nelson's new illustrated Bible commentary (Ps 51:10). Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers.

No comments: