This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Jeremiah 17:14 - Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed

NIV Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise.

KJV Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

Commentary

Jeremiah often expressed his great pain and anguish to the Lord, and looked to Him alone for strength.

In this verse, the underlying Hebrew word for "heal" (rapha) applies literally to the work of a physician. This same word is also used in Psalms, where God is praised for His role in healing disease (Ps. 103:3), healing the brokenhearted (Ps. 147:3), and healing the soul by providing salvation (Pss. 30:2; 107:20). The same word is also used when Isaiah declared that the healing of God's people results from the sacrificial wounds of His Son (53:5-12).* Now that's the ultimate healing of all!

*Radmacher, E. D., Allen, R. B., & House, H. W. (1999). Nelson's new illustrated Bible commentary (Je 17:12-13). Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers.

No comments: