This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Psalm 16:5 - You have made my lot secure

NIV LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
KJV The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.

Commentary

David, the author of this Psalm, was distressed as he was writing this. Yet in the midst of great hardship, David acknowledged that God guards those things that are valuable to David: his portion, his cup and his lot. His portion was the provision that was needed for him to survive. His cup was the purpose in life that he had (remember Jesus, who spoke to the Father of "taking this cup from him"). His lot was the inheritance of land that was a major part of preserving Jewish lineage. When David felt separated from all of these things, he reminded himself that his current situation was not the final word: it was God's faithfulness that he trusted in during times of trial. That same faithfulness is available to you and me. Our God is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Today's Commentary by:

David Whitehead, Pastor, Grace NYC

No comments: