This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



John 14:2-3 - In my Father's house are many rooms

NIV In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
KJV In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
NASBIn My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also."
John 14:2-3

Commentary

Mansions refers to dwelling places. Everybody has a longing for a permanent, secure place. Such places have already been set aside for all of God's children. Jesus has gone ahead to prepare our place. Peter never got over the wonder of his unfading, reserved, heavenly home (1 Pet. 1:3, 4). The Lord is telling them that though they are disturbed now, they will have rest and refreshment later.

Radmacher, E. D., Allen, R. B., & House, H. W. (1999). Nelson's new illustrated Bible commentary (Jn 14:2). Nashville: T. Nelson Publishers.

No comments: