This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



1 Corinthians 9:16 - Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

NIV Yet when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, for I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!
KJV For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
NASB For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.
1 Corinthians 9:16

Commentary

The apostle Paul, who often refers to himself as a slave for Christ in the New Testament, was called to teach and preach the Gospel. While all Christians are not called to full-time ministry, our very lives should reflect the Gospel to those around us. Indeed, "woe to us" if we do not!

No comments: