This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Daily Bible Verse - 1 Corinthians 13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly ...

NIV Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
KJV For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
NASB For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
1 Corinthians 13:12

Commentary

As long as we are on earth, we see things dimly and indistinctly, as if we were looking in a a blurry mirror. Heaven, by contrast will be like seeing things face to face, i. e. , without anything between to obscure the vision.

MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary : Old and New Testaments (1 Co 13:8). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Did you know?

The city of Corinth was famous for producing some of the finest bronze mirrors in antiquity.

Paul used the analogy of looking in a mirror to explain the indirect nature of one's view of God and His ways. One "sees" God and His "mysteries" only indirectly and partially. Although good, the image is limited (v. 12) and falls short of the real thing.

Thomas Nelson, I. (1997, c1995). Woman's study Bible . (1 Co 13:12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

No comments: