This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Daily Bible Verse - 12/22/2007 - Luke 1:46-48

NIV And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
KJV And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
NASB And Mary said:
"My soul exalts the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
"For He has had regard for the humble state of His bondslave;
For behold, from this time on all generations will count me blessed.


Luke 1:46-48

Commentary
A pregnant Jewish girl from Nazareth, engaged to marry a poor carpenter, what did Mary have to sing about? She sang about the Lord, what He did for her (vv. 46-49), for all who fear Him (vv. 50-53), and for His people Israel (vv. 54-55). God gives power to the weak, thrones to the lowly, and food to the hungry; but the strong, the rich, and the mighty go away empty.

Wiersbe, W. W. (1997, c1991). With the word Bible commentary (Lk 1:1). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Did you know?
Mary's song (the Magnificat) is taken from the song of Hannah (
1 Sam. 2:1-10) in a similar condition of miraculous birth. In Jewish prophecy, new messages are often elaborations of former revelations, with new meaning and application.

Spirit filled life study Bible. 1997, c1991 (electronic ed.). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I believe in the power of God. I've seen it in my life and many around me!