This website has moved...

We have moved to www.theDailyBibleVerse.org



Daily Bible Verse - 8/16/2007 - Revelation 22:12-13

NIV Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
KJV And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
NASB Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."
Revelation 22:12-13
Commentary
22:12, 13 Again the Lord announces His soon Coming, this time with the promise of reward to every one according to his work. Again He identifies Himself as the Alpha and the Omega. The same One who created all things will draw the curtain on the stage of time.

22:14 This verse may read, "Blessed are those who do His commandments" or "Blessed are those who wash their robes" (margin). Neither reading teaches salvation by works but rather works as the fruit and proof of salvation. Only true believers have access to the tree of life and to the eternal city.

MacDonald, W., & Farstad, A. (1997, c1995). Believer's Bible Commentary : Old and New Testaments (Re 22:12). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Alpha and Omega"
Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.

Miller, S. M., & Gross, P. (1998). How to get into the Bible. Includes index. (451). Nashville: T. Nelson
Publishers.






Receive the daily Bible Verse
on your cell phone!

No comments: